Scrappy projects

Nearly all my projects are scrappy as a matter of fact. And not only scrappy! I recycle fabrics. I buy very little and most of it in the second hand stores, dresses, shirts, duvet covers (love them, so much cotton fabric for so little money). Also I get a lot of donations from friends. Whatever cotton they have, I try to get my hands on it!!!

 This milk can is meant for the kitchen in my new work space. Together with a friend I am opening a non-profit company. We will have workshops, lectures, bazaars and lots of other activities. Our Quilting Bee will work from there and has more space to make lovely quilts, which we donate. In my next blog I will write more about this. We fixed up the place and are ready to order our equipment. Hope to start the first of March. 

Another project I told you about is the QAL Have a Jolly Little Christmas. I made some more blocks. The quilt is so lovely that I decided to make 4 of them!!!!! Both  my daughters will get one, one for our company and last but not least one for  myself. 


I am also participating in the QAL from the Hellenic Patchwork Guild. The theme for this year is "wide sea". I got my first block, made by Machi Perperi.


Lovely beach huts with my swimming suit hanging to dry. Sun and a few clouds, so it doesn't become too hot. Not good for my skin! Hope that I don't need the rescue band. I am a good swimmer. 

I did sent a more classical patchwork block to Paula Vainio from Finland. The participants, this time, are from all over the world. Besides Finland, the USA, Canada and Australia!!!! We are becoming international!!


Lots of work to do, time to say goodbye and get  into the kitchen to cook!!

Comments

  1. Oh, this little milkcan is so adorable--love it...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the milk can and especially the black fabric on the top!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Πολύ ωραία τα νέα σου Άντα!!! Περιμένουμε και τη συνέχεια!!!!
    Τα κομμάτια της ανταλλαγής, εξαιρετικά!!!
    Και είμαστε ακόμα στην αρχή!!!Φιλάκια πολλά!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leuke werkjes zo van alle katoentjes.
    Groetnis Annie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Υπέροχες οι δημιουργιες σου Αντα μου!!! Καλη εβδομαδα!!!
    Φιλιά πολλα!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All your blocks are so sweet and well sewn. I like how economical you are and taught those ladies about EPP which is a wonderful economic way to make nice things...just needle, thread and whatever cotton you can find. Nothing fancy needed, like the old days. Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dearest Ada,
    Love the concept of recycling anything!
    Your little quilts still turned out very cute and what a great idea to start together with a friend such a non profit company.
    Sending you hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts